Re: Error Message: invalid command-line arguments for server process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error Message: invalid command-line arguments for server process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Anthony Brock (KG4AGD)" <kg4agd@foundations.edu> writes:
> I am getting an error trying to connect to PostgreSQL db using Visual
> Basic.NET 2005. The error message is "FATAL: invalid command-line
> arguments for server process. HINT: Try "postgres --help" for more
> information."

This implies incorrect option switches supplied either through the
postmaster's -o command-line option, or from the client side through
the "options" part of the startup packet.  The -o part would affect
all clients, so if you are able to connect at all (eg with psql)
you can reject that theory.  Unfortunately I dunno anything about
VB.NET and have no idea what might make it put options in the startup
packet --- there's certainly nothing suggesting it in your connection
string.  Are there any GUI configuration dialogs anywhere controlling
database connection parameters?  Another longshot is that traditionally
PG clients have interpreted the PGOPTIONS environment variable as
containing an option string, but it seems a bit unlikely that that
would be set in a Windows context (and I don't know whether VB honors it
anyway).