Re: Unix users and groups... Was: "peer" authentication...

От Bryn Llewellyn
Тема Re: Unix users and groups... Was: "peer" authentication...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> hjp-pgsql@hjp.at wrote:
>
>> bryn@yugabyte.com:
>>
>> For the purpose of the tests that follow, I set up the O/S users "bob" and "mary" so that "id bob mary postgres"
showsthis:

>> id=1002(bob)       gid=1001(postgres) groups=1001(postgres)
>> uid=1003(mary)     gid=1001(postgres) groups=1001(postgres)
>
> This has nothing to do with your problem, but don't do this. Normal  users should not be in group "postgres". That
givesthem access to some files which are not readable by the public. It might be useful for administrators, but AFAICS
yourtest users aren't supposed to be that.

>> uid=1001(postgres) gid=1001(postgres) groups=1001(postgres),27(sudo),114 (ssl-cert)
>
> And is there a reason for postgres to be in group sudo?

Thanks for pointing this out, Peter.

I was careless. I'm testing ideas using my laptop. And apart from the fragments of SQL, O/S scripts, and what these
report,that I've shown on this list, everything is private. (Nobody else can access my laptop without stealing it and
breakingin.)

That's no excuse for showing sloppy practices. I'll aim to do better.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: "peer" authentication: cannot make "pg_ident.conf" work as I believe that the doc says that it should
От: "jacktby@gmail.com"
Сообщение: there is no an example in reloptions.c for string?