Re: bug in 7.4 SET WITHOUT OIDs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bug in 7.4 SET WITHOUT OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I had a suspicion and it was confirmed:
> test=# create table oidtest (a int4, unique(oid));

The problem appears to be that ALTER TABLE SET WITHOUT OIDS doesn't make
the index on the OID column go away.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether to fix this by forcing a drop
of the index or by rejecting the ALTER command.  Seems like we have to
do one or the other though.

This is actually just the simplest case of a dependency on the OID
column... whatever the fix is, it has to handle the general case.