Re: EXEC_BACKEND vs bgworkers without BGWORKER_SHMEM_ACCESS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EXEC_BACKEND vs bgworkers without BGWORKER_SHMEM_ACCESS
Дата
Re: EXEC_BACKEND vs bgworkers without BGWORKER_SHMEM_ACCESS  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> If you're saying that this code has been 100% broken for 7 years and
> nobody's noticed until now, then that suggests that nobody actually
> uses non-shmem-connected bgworkers. I sort of hate to give up on that
> concept but if we've really gone that many years without anyone
> noticing obvious breakage then maybe we should.

Well, the problem only exists on Windows so maybe this indeed
escaped notice.  Still, this is good evidence that the case isn't
used *much*, and TBH I don't see many applications for it.
I can't say I'm excited about putting effort into fixing it.

Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys