Re: Elide null updates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Elide null updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
James Mansion <james@mansionfamily.plus.com> writes:
> I saw on a summary for 8.4 that there's a generic function for use as a
> before row trigger that will elide null updates (ie replacement with an
> identical row).

> I can see that this is great - but I was wondering if it should be more
> integrated and turned on in the db schema.

How about we wait a few releases and see if anyone uses the trigger,
rather than wasting time now on an argument about integrating an
as-yet-unproven feature?

(You *are* wasting our time, btw, because we already had this
discussion.  Until there's some field experience there is no new
evidence available to change the conclusion.)