Re: Problems with autovacuum

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with autovacuum
Дата
Re: Problems with autovacuum  (Łukasz Jagiełło <lukasz.jagiello@gforces.pl>)
Список pgsql-performance
> Tom Lane escribi�:
>> I believe the interpretation of autovacuum_naptime is that it should
>> examine each database that often, ie once a minute by default.  So
>> it's got more than 30 databases per second to look through.

> Note that this is correct in 8.1 and 8.2 but not 8.3 onwards.

Oh?  The current documentation still defines the variable thusly:

    Specifies the minimum delay between autovacuum runs on any given
    database. In each round the daemon examines the database and
    issues VACUUM and ANALYZE commands as needed for tables in that
    database.

I suppose the use of "minimum" means that this is not technically
incorrect, but it's sure not very helpful if there is some other
rule involved that causes it to not behave as I said.  (And if there
is some other rule, what is that?)  Please improve the docs.