Re: Anyone compare PG 9.5 and MongoDB 3.2?

От
Тема Re: Anyone compare PG 9.5 and MongoDB 3.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Very helpful!!  Thanks!!

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:32 AM, Peter Devoy <peter@3xe.co.uk> wrote:

> MongoDB has released 3.2 with their WiredTiger storage.  Has anyone
> benchmarked 9.5 against it, and for JSONB elements several MB in size?
>
> PJ

Hi Paul

I do not have an answer for you but there is a great talk here in
which someone explains why they moved from a NoSQL stack to Postgres:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcC_bY4rPg

If I recall correctly JSON functionality was touched upon but, if you
have not seen it, the whole talk is worth a watch.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards

Peter Devoy