BUG #16311: Zero sized WAL archive logs on DAS

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16311: Zero sized WAL archive logs on DAS
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16311
Logged by:          vamsi krishna
Email address:      ss.vamsikrishna@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.1
Operating system:   Centos 7.6

Hi PG support,
I am having this issue with PostgreSQL 12.1, on Centos 7.6. When I lose
server suddenly, I see a lot of empty zero-sized WAL files in the archive
logs. I have enabled the archive logs on the .conf. This archive log is
present on a DAS LVM disk on the server. Why are there so many empty
zero-sized WAL files in the archive logs, why it did not sync? Is this a
known issue with PostgreSQL, I have seen the same behavior with PostgreSQL
9.6 as well. I have been deleting these zero-sized WAL files or populating
it to 16MB for recovery. What does usually DBA do to tackle these zero-sized
WAL files?
Thanks and best regards
Krishna