Re: Vacuum verbose output?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum verbose output?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Julian Scarfe <julian.scarfe@ntlworld.com> writes:
> On 14/1/03 15:42, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What do you have the FSM parameters in postgresql.conf set to?  My guess
>> is you need to increase 'em.

> Currently set at the defaults, max_fsm_relations is 100, max_fsm_pages is
> 10000.

100 is definitely too small for max_fsm_relations; we've bumped that
default to 1000 for the next release.  Given that you've got a
nearly-100k-page table, 10000 for max_fsm_pages is probably much too
small also.

> What are the implications/effects of increasing them?

Shared memory usage gets bigger.  I think the max_fsm_pages multiplier
is 6 bytes per slot, so you could make it a million, or ten, without
stressing modern machines.  I'd try 1000/1000000 for starters.

Don't forget you need a postmaster restart to make these changes take
effect.