Re: [BUGS] BUG #14616: error message without schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14616: error message without schema
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ódor Balázs <balazs@obiserver.hu> writes:
> db=# create schema test;
> CREATE SCHEMA
> db=# create domain test.testdomain as varchar(200);
> CREATE DOMAIN
> db=# create table test.testtable (col test.testdomain);
> CREATE TABLE
> db=# insert into test.testtable (col) values ('test text');
> INSERT 0 1
> db=# alter domain test.testdomain add constraint testdomain_check check
> (value ~ 'a.+');
> ERROR:  column "col" of table "testtable" contains values that violate
> the new constraint

The data you're after *is* available in the extended fields of that error:

db=# \errverbose
ERROR:  23514: column "col" of table "testtable" contains values that violate the new constraint
SCHEMA NAME:  test
TABLE NAME:  testtable
COLUMN NAME:  col
LOCATION:  validateDomainConstraint, typecmds.c:2750

We've had multiple conversations about whether to include objects' schema
names in the primary error message text, and so far the answer continues
to be "no".  There seem to be more people who would find it to be clutter
than would find it to be useful.  Certainly it wouldn't make sense to
change that style decision for just this one message.