Re: WIP: preloading of ispell dictionary

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: WIP: preloading of ispell dictionary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/3/23 Nicolas Barbier <nicolas.barbier@gmail.com>:
> 2010/3/23 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
>
>> 2010/3/23 Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp>:
>>
>>> The fundamental issue seems to be in the slow initialization of
>>> dictionaries. If so, how about adding a pre-complile tool to convert
>>> a dictionary into a binary file, and each backend simply mmap it?
>>
>> It means loading about 25MB from disc. for every first tsearch query -
>> sorry, I don't believe can be good.
>
> The operating system's VM subsystem should make that a non-problem.

Maybe we can do some manipulation inside memory - I have not any
knowledges about mmap. With Simple Allocator we can have a dictionary
data as one block. Problems are a pointers, but I believe so can be
replaced by offsets.

Personally I dislike idea some dictionary precompiler - it is next
application for maintaining and maybe not necessary. And still you
need a next application for loading.

p.s. I able to serialise czech dictionary, because it use only simply regexp.

Pavel