Re: proposal: more practical view on function's source code

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: more practical view on function's source code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> The direction that we ought to be pushing in, I think, is the same as
> the vision for syntax error handling: enable pgAdmin and similar tools
> to pop up the function text with a cursor placed at (more or less) the
> right place.  It's interesting to think about how that might be extended
> to lower-tech solutions like \ef.  I could see telling people to type
>        \ef function-name line-number
> with suitable magic to get the editor to place the cursor at that line.
> I suspect this wouldn't be too hard to do with emacs --- what do you
> think about vi?

some thinking. This is other functionality and can be nice in psql too
- but it can be more automatic - only

\ef"E" without others parameters - like show line on last error -
without writing function name, without writing line number - both
information can be in error buffer. But you have to design universal
mechanism for editor call with line number parameter (isn't big
problem probably). And it's slower - you have to start second
application.

What about some hypotetical statement Show Function?

\sf name  -- show function
\sf name, line  -- show function from line

Pavel