Re: Substitutes for some Oracle packages

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Substitutes for some Oracle packages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

2009/9/17 Arnold, Sandra <ArnoldS@osti.gov>:
> We are in the process of migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL.  One of the
> things that we are needing to find out is what to use in place of Oracle
> supplied functionality such as "DBMS_OUTPUT" and "UTL_FILE".  We are
> currently using this type of functionality in Stored Procedures and
> packages.  What are the options in PostgreSQL for replacing these two
> packages in a stored procedure/function?
> Thanks,

-
for typical  use you can use RAISE NOTICE without DBMS_OUTPUT,
UTL_FILE isn't supported by core.

Migration process could be simplified by using Orafce package:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/orafce/
http://orafce.projects.postgresql.org/

regards
Pavel  Stehule