Re: PostgreSQL Function: how to know the number of the returned results of the Query

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Function: how to know the number of the returned results of the Query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello

look on PERFORM and GET DIAGNOSTICS statements

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-SQL-NORESULT
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-DIAGNOSTICS

regards
Pavel Stehule

2009/9/1 bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh@yahoo.com>:
> Hi List;
>
> I am building a function in the SQL (PostgreSQL), so I will be able to call this function using a SELECT query.
Insidethe body of this function, I was need to do the following but not able to know how:

> I have a SELECT statement (inside the function script itself), and I need to know the number of the returned rows of
thatselect query, if it is one row or 2 or 3 , ... How? In which paramter I will be able to check this?

> For example, I have the following function:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION get_credit_time(text, text)
>  RETURNS integer AS
> $BODY$
> DECLARE
> BEGIN
>         rate numberic(9,4);
>        SELECT rate from voiptariff where id= 9;
>         IF num_rows ==1 THEN   -- As example, but I am asking how to do it?
>         ELSE
>         END IF
> END
> $BODY$
>  LANGUAGE 'sql' IMMUTABLE
>  COST 100;
> ALTER FUNCTION get_bool(text) OWNER TO gkradius;
>
> In this function, I need to check the number of returned rows of the statement: SELECT rate from voiptariff where id=
9;because based on it I am going to build if statment, How?