Re: problem with varlena and extended type

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: problem with varlena and extended type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/7/4 Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>:
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Greg Stark<gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> It's pretty hard to guess where your bug is sitting here with no code
>> and no idea even what you've done to trigger it.

see attachment - sorry, comments are czech

>> At a guess there someplace you haven't detoasted a datum that had to
>> be detoasted. But like I said that's just a guess.

I have a problem with "in" function. So I have not a control over
process. I return a varlena value, that's all.

> Actually on further thought I think this smells like a memory
> management bug. Maybe you've either you've prematurely freed this data
> structure or realloc'd it without tracking the new pointer and have
> returned a pointer to the freed object.

I'll look on it. It looks strange. I don't use pfree. 2x or 3x use repalloc.

regards
Pavel Stehule

> --
> greg