Re: PL/pgSQL EXECUTE quote_ident(), and SQL injection

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL EXECUTE quote_ident(), and SQL injection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

I thing, so quote_ident is secure.

you can add more security via explicit casting to regclass type -
check if value of variable is really relation identifier:

postgres=# select quote_ident('omega b')::regclass;
 quote_ident
-------------
 "omega b"
(1 row)

postgres=# select quote_ident('omega')::regclass;
ERROR:  relation "omega" does not exist
postgres=# select quote_ident('select * from some')::regclass;
ERROR:  relation "select * from some" does not exist
postgres=#

I hope so this method is 100%

regards
Pavel Stehule