Re: machine-readable explain output

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: machine-readable explain output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2009/6/14 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>:

>>> Seems reasonable.  I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.
>>
>> I suppose it's okay then, that the format is not available when the server
>> isn't build with --with-libxml ?
>
> I hope not, otherwise the usefulness of the format is significantly
> reduced (to practically zero) if tools cannot rely on it being
> available and have to fall back to something else if it's not
> available.

I thing so using --with-libxml is good idea. Is nonsense repeat some
necessary xml code like xml escaping and similar. And almost all
distributed PostgreSQL binaries are compiled with xml support, so this
cannot do some problems. When somebody compile pg without xml support,
then he knows what he do.

regards
Pavel Stehule