Re: WIP: hooking parser

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: WIP: hooking parser
Дата
Re: WIP: hooking parser
Список pgsql-hackers
Next sample of parser hook using:

attachment contains module that transform every empty string to null.
I am not sure, if this behave is exactly compatible with Oracle, but
for first iteration it is good.

postgres=# select length('') is null;
 ?column?
----------
(1 row)

I thing, so this should be used for emulation of some constructors too.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

2009/2/13 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>
>> And on top of that, decode() is supposed to do short-circuit evaluation of
>> the arguments.
>
> Then the only solution is to hack it right into the parser.
>
> There is an existing decode() function however ...

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security
Сообщение: Re: SE-PostgreSQL and row level security