Re: array variables

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: array variables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
2008/11/13 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2008/11/13 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>>> Sure you can, if you're using a version new enough to have arrays of
>>> composite types.
>
>> I don't expect so user use devel version ;)
>
> My example was done in 8.3.
>
>> - and result is array of
>> some composite type, not two dimensional array

I tested it with error:

postgres=# create table f(a int, b int);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# insert into f values(10,20);
INSERT 0 1
postgres=# select array(select row(a,b) from f);
ERROR:  could not find array type for datatype record
postgres=# select version();                                             version
i686-pc-linux-gnu,compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)

4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33)
(1 row)

I forgot on casting, so I was confused.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

> Well, if the columns are of different types then you'll never be able to
> represent them as a 2-D array, so I thought this was a more general answer.

ok