Re: Project idea for Google Summer of Code

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Project idea for Google Summer of Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

On 24/03/2008, Дмитрий Кириллов <dmitri.kirillov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, hackers!
>
>  I have very simple (but IMHO very progressive) idea for Google SoC project:
>
>  My idea is to add package (and "package group") concepts to PL/pgSQL &

Packages are really important. Two notes: a) PostgreSQL is not Oracle
compatible database, but ANSI SQL database - some similar to packages
are modules (described in SQL/PSM standard - Persistent Stored Modules
(SQL/PSM)), b) PostgreSQL has others languages too. Some solution
should support plperl, plpython too.

>  to front-end such functionality with a special Mono project for
>  PostgreSQL server-side development.

it's little bit different task. And maybe big work for some months.
It's can be nice topic too - add interface for Mono external
procedures.  Well support of  Microsoft .NET procedures need lot of
work.

Regards
Pavel Stehule