Re: Need help requiring uniqueness in text columns

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Need help requiring uniqueness in text columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

IDEA 3:

Use two hash functions:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX uidx ON TEST((decode(md5(a),'hex')),(hashtext(a)));

removing spaces helps
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX uidx ON test((decode(md5(lower(replace(a,' ',''))),'hex')));

Regards
Pavel Stehule

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX nodups on MESSAGE (my_timestamp_col, md5(my_text_col));