Re: what is difference between LOCAL and GLOBAL TEMP TABLES in PostgreSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: what is difference between LOCAL and GLOBAL TEMP TABLES in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Global temp table can be created from template only when is used. It's
> > has not negative efect on app which doesn't use it. The benefit of
> > g.t.t. is simplifycation of stored procedures.
>
> And if it's used in 200 txns/s? Imagine the earlier poster who was looking for
> a way to display the count of records matching a search followed by the ten
> records on the page without re-executing the search.

I wrote about comparation global temp tables and current temp tables.

Counting of result's records is problem. I know. It's incompleteness
of current cursor's implementation. Every cursor can be materialised
and then can be counted. We need operation OPEN which matarialise
cursor and returns real row_count.

Regards
Pavel