Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock in XLogInsert at AIX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock in XLogInsert at AIX
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock in XLogInsert at AIX
Список pgsql-hackers
> I agree with Noah.  It's true that having unfixed bugs isn't
> particularly good, but it doesn't justify activating a CommitFest
> entry under someone else's name.

Agreed.  The CF app is not a bug tracker.

> If nobody is willing to put in the effort to keep AIX supported under
> XLC, then we should just update the documentation to say that it isn't
> supported.  Our support for that platform is pretty marginal anyway if
> we're only supporting it up through 6.1; that was released in 2007 and
> went out of support in Q2 of last year.

Huh?  We have somebody just upthread saying that they're working out
issues on newer AIX.  We should at least give them time to finish
that research before making any decisions.