Re: [JDBC] Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: [JDBC] Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Mark Lewis <mark.lewis@mir3.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 17:08 +0300, Loredana Curugiu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need a query to use tables from 2 different databases and
> > that query to be executed from a .java file. What do you recommand?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >

> > Regards,
> >        Loredana
> >

> Move the data to a single database, or else perform the query manually
> by pulling back the matching results from each database individually and
> then stitching them together.

if the two databases are part of the same cluster you can use DBLINK so that one database can see
the table of enterest from the other.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/snapshot/

if the two databases are not contained in the same cluster you can use DBI-LINK.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/

Then from java, you only have to perform a simple query from one database.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Сообщение: Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java
Сообщение: Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java