Re: Does creating readOnly connections, when possible, free up resources in Postgres?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does creating readOnly connections, when possible, free up resources in Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"David Kremer" <jkorders@gmx.com> writes:
> I saw that when you create a JDBC connection, you can specify readOnly=true. Would doing so somehow help Postgres
manageits other connections? Perhaps Postgres, knowing that a connection is readOnly and will never even attempt to do
anupdate, will free up some internal resources for other connections. Is this accurate?

No.

От: "David Kremer"
Сообщение: Does creating readOnly connections, when possible, free upresources in Postgres?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Query help