Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  ("David G. Johnston", )
  Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  ("David G. Johnston", )
    Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Jim Nasby, )
     Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Merlin Moncure, )
 Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [PERFORM] optimizing immutable vs. stable function calls?  (Karl Czajkowski, )
Karl Czajkowski <> writes:
> Is there a correctness hazard with pretending our function is
> IMMUTABLE, even though we will change the underlying config parameter
> in the same connection?

You could probably get away with that if you never ever use prepared
queries (beware that almost anything in plpgsql is a prepared query).
It's a trick that's likely to bite you eventually though.