Re: case sensitive/insensitive confusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: case sensitive/insensitive confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> Mac os x, postgresql 8.0.1
> initdb --locale=es_ES ~/testdb
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale es_ES.
> initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "es_ES"
> Rerun initdb with the -E option.

I looked into this and find that the issue seems to be Apple's rather
limited (not to say brain dead) locale support.  What I see on OSX
10.3.7 is that <langinfo.h> defines CODESET, but nl_langinfo(CODESET)
always returns an empty string.  So there's not any obvious way to
determine the correct encoding associated with a locale setting.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: MSSQL versus Postgres timing
Сообщение: Re: MSSQL versus Postgres timing