Re: Supporting NULL elements in arrays

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Supporting NULL elements in arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc Munro <marc@bloodnok.com> writes:
> How about representing null array elements with a special-case cast-like
> null?  Something like {::null}

The problem with *any* proposal for let's-spell-NULL-like-this
is that "this" is inevitably a string that is valid as a text
data value.  Making the string weirder may reduce the odds of
a failure but the risk is still there, and meanwhile you're making
the null marker less readable.  (The above has the additional problem
of being indistinguishable from a sub-array.)

I think we really need something that is rejected as syntactically
invalid by the existing array input parser.