Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:27:10 +0100, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> The closest I could find is Oracle Text, the full-text search for
>> Oracle.
>
> Oh, and note that Oracle Text is an "extension" and not included in the
> Oracle database product proper.

Same with DB2 NSE, IBM's fulltext search engine for their UDB. However, they employ external
admin tools like db2text to create, configure and alter fulltext indexes (like slonik
for example). Textsearch could be done with functions (contains()) in SQL.

Bernd