Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp> writes:
> On 22 May 2006 03:00:55 -0400, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> said:
> +  gcircle_tbl         | t
> +  gpolygon_tbl        | t

>> This seems pretty mystifying. Perhaps it's leftover stuff from the
>> tablespace that failed to get dropped?

> No.
> Because this is a result from tmpfs, and before this failure,
> "make check" passed almost 100 times on this tmpfs.

It looks to me like this is just a possible result from sufficiently
weird timing.  gcircle_tbl and gpolygon_tbl are temp tables made in
the create_index test, which runs just before sanity_check.  If the
backend running create_index hadn't finished deleting its temp tables
yet, they could still be present when sanity_check looks in pg_class.
Curious that we've never seen this on any other platform though.