Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Lee Kindness
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:> Right.  We can't assume because a *_r function is missing that the> normal function is
thread-safe.

I recon i'll get blue in the face before long, and one of you guys
will fly over to Scotland to give me a good kicking!... But'll say it
again anyway...

That's not our concern - if the OS isn't thread safe we can't do
anything about it, and to worry about it is an enormous waste of
development time.

Who do you think is interested in a thread-safe libpq on a
non-thread-safe OS?

L.