Re: Another exception (Transaction level)

От Ole Streicher
Тема Re: Another exception (Transaction level)
Дата
Re: Another exception (Transaction level)  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello Paul!

Paul Thomas writes:
 > > Connection dbConn;
 > > dbConn = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(...);
 > > dbConn.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED);
 > > dbConn.setAutoCommit(false);
 > > and then I use this instance of dbConn for querys and updates (which
 > > may occur concurrently at the same time).
 > Concurrently? Do you mean that you a sharing one connection between
 > several threads?

Yes. I didn't see a hint why this should be problematic.

 > If so then that may be the cause of your problems.

How can I avoid this? Shall I establish a new connection for every
asynchronious request/update I have? Aren't they expensive?

 > > Finally, I found out the same when searching the net. But, why the
 > > user's manual (9.2. "Transaction Isolation") states something
 > > different? I guess it should be corrected in the manual.
 > FWIW, the 7.3.3 docs only mention supporting read committed and
 > serialized. Which version are you using?

7.2.2 from SuSE, but my pdf documentation is of 7.3.2 (downloaded
wednesday or so). Page 141 (a4 version): "The four transaction levels
and the corresponding behavior are shown in Table 9-1".

Ciao

Ole

Сообщение: Re: Another exception (Transaction level)
Сообщение: Re: Another exception (Transaction level)