Re: Open 7.3 items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Open 7.3 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
> Some kind of parameter binding or improved support for prepareable
> statements would require changes to the FE/BE protocol -- being able
> to accept parameters without passing them through the parser, for
> example.

Right.  This is nearly the same, perhaps could be made actually the
same, as a fast-path function call.

The existing FPF call mechanism only supports binary data, but I think
it would be useful to allow either binary data or ASCII data in both FPF
and prepared-statement cases.  The ASCII path would require invoking a
datatype's conversion function on the backend side, but you'd still get
to skip the SQL statement parsing/planning overhead.

(Wanders away wondering whether COPY might not be made to fit into this
same mold...)

Сообщение: Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations
Сообщение: Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations