Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> The way the SQL scripts currently work, there is no way to manage what
> schema the contrib modules get built in *except* to edit the scripts.

Right, that's the intended and documented way to do it.

> In fact, because of the SET statements, a DBA who might *reasonably*
> expect that setting PGOPTIONS would allow him to determine that will be
> unpleasantly surprised when the module ends up in "public" anyway.

I don't see that this is a reasonable expectation; it has never worked
in any previous release, and the documentation explicitly says to do the
other.  Also, at least some of the proposed forms of a module facility
would have the effect of overriding any such approach anyhow.

Again, I'm not for whacking around the procedures for dealing with
contrib each time we make a release.  We should change it once when we
have a shot at getting it right.