Re: pg_dump doesn't dump conversions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't dump conversions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Which people would those be, exactly?  I doubt that very many people
>> have created their own conversions.  I agree that this should be fixed
>> in the long run, but I'm having a hard time grading it as a critical
>> issue ...

> Surely it should be really important for us to actually dump what people
> have in their database and also the integrity of their dumps?

Let me put it this way: it is vastly more important to fix pg_dump's
object-ordering problems than to fix its ignorance of conversions.
We are not fixing the former for 7.4, and we wouldn't try to backport
any fix that might appear for 7.5 into 7.4 either.  Conversions won't
get a higher priority.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump doesn't dump conversions?
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump doesn't dump conversions?