Re: [HACKERS] Separation walsender & normal backends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Separation walsender & normal backends
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Separation walsender & normal backends
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've for a while suspected that the separation & duplication of
> infrastructure between walsenders and normal backends isn't nice.

I think we should consider a more radical solution: trying to put
general SQL query capability into the replication protocol was a
bad idea and we should revert it while we still can.  The uglinesses
you mention aren't merely implementation issues, they're an indication
that that concept is broken in itself.