About the return states of SPI_execute for plpy.execute().status()

От PG Doc comments form
Тема About the return states of SPI_execute for plpy.execute().status()
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/spi-spi-execute.html

Hello. I'm using Postgres 9.3.25. I know it's an unsupported version but the
documentation pages that I will mention stay the same between 9.3 and 13.

In the docs for Database Access with PL/Python [1] it is mentioned that for
the result object of plpy.execute(), the function status() can be called and
it returns "The SPI_execute() return value". However when testing it the
status function returns a number. In the specific test I made it returns
"11". The problem is that the SPI_execute() documentation [2] does not
mention which numeric constant each return code is assigned to. I would
expect that the number 11 maps to the 11th code in the Return Value list,
but only 10 non-negative values are listed. I think the PL/Python can be
more explicit about the meaning of the status() return value. I have not
read the whole PL/Python documentation yet, but if there is any resource
that maps the raw integer that status() returns to the correct code for the
SPI_execute() return value, it would be very helpful to mention it in the
status() documentation.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpython-database.html
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/spi-spi-execute.html