Re: avoiding seqscan?

От Palle Girgensohn
Тема Re: avoiding seqscan?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

Indeed, setting random_page_cost does the trick. Thanks!

It seems to make sense to set random_page_cost to this value. Are there any
drawbacks?

postgresql-7.3.4

postgresql.conf:

tcpip_socket = true
max_connections = 100
superuser_reserved_connections = 2

#       Performance
#
shared_buffers = 12000
sort_mem = 8192
vacuum_mem = 32768
effective_cache_size = 64000
random_page_cost = 2

--On söndag, september 28, 2003 14.34.25 -0700 Josh Berkus