Re: Patch: Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think his question was - how do we feel about the massive catalog
> bloat this patch will create?

It's a fair question.

I can imagine designing things so that we don't create an explicit
pg_constraint row for the simplest case of an unnamed, non-inherited
NOT NULL constraint.  Seems like it would complicate matters quite
a lot though, in exchange for saving what in the end isn't an enormous
amount of space.