Re: Checkpoint request failed, permission denied

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Checkpoint request failed, permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Cory Isaacson <cory.isaacson@compuflex.com> writes:
> When I try and manually perform a checkpoint with version 8.3 on CentOS 5 I
> get this error:

> ERROR:  could not link file "pg_xlog/000000010000000000000000" to
> "pg_xlog/000000010000000000000002" (initialization of log file 0, segment
> 2): Permission denied

> Any ideas what is causing this? The pg_xlog dir is owned by the postgres
> user, as are the log files. Also I have temporarily disabled SELinux to make
> sure that is not causing it.

It's very hard to see how that could be anything except an
ownership/permissions problem on the pg_xlog directory.  Are you sure
the directory is mode 700 as well as being owned by postgres?
(For that matter, are you sure the postmaster is running as postgres?)
Are you *really* sure selinux is disabled?