Re: Need help with TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(context != CurrentMemoryContext)"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Need help with TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(context != CurrentMemoryContext)"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri@swoodbridge.com> writes:
> Thank you for your reply. The frustrating thing about this is the same
> source works fine in Linux. So here is the pseudo code of my source
> removing non pgsql stuff and not expected to be runnable:

You can't hold a SPI context open across multiple calls of an SRF.
Even if it somehow failed to malfunction in isolation, this would
certainly not work in a query where some other called function was
also using SPI.

Possibly the reason the code accidentally fails to malfunction on Linux
is you're not using an --enable-cassert build there?  That would wipe
freed memory and thus help to reveal errors of this sort consistently,
whereas otherwise the failures would be context-dependent.

[ later ]
> Someone might want to look into this.

Even if there were good reason to think this was a system bug and not
yours, there's little anyone else can do when you've not provided a
complete, concrete test case.