Re: [HACKERS] Assignment of valid collation for SET operations on queries with UNKNOWN types.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Assignment of valid collation for SET operations on queries with UNKNOWN types.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Following error message might be misleading,

> postgres=# create table t1 (a unknown);
> ERROR:  column "a" has pseudo-type unknown

> UNKNOWN is not exactly a pseudo-type.

Well, as I said to Michael just now, I think we should turn it into one
now that we're disallowing it in tables, because "cannot be used as a
table column" is more or less the definition of a pseudotype.  In any
case, the average user probably thinks UNKNOWN is a pseudotype, if they
think about it at all.  So I think this message is fine even if we left
it as-is.