Re: PL/PgSQL composite parameter usage?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/PgSQL composite parameter usage?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Higgins <phiggins@brazen.net> writes:
> I read in the documentation (section 37.4.3 of the 7.4 docs) that
> "Parameters to a function can be composite types," but when I try to
> call such a function, I get an error.

This isn't really an issue of what a parameter can be, but a reflection
of plpgsql's rather limited ability to deal with composite-type
variables.  It doesn't know how to pass whole rows down to the SQL
engine, as it would need to do in your PERFORM:

> test'>     v tablea;

> test'>     PERFORM funcb(v);

This could probably get fixed if anyone was really motivated to do so.