BUG #16098: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16098: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16098
Logged by:          Alessandro Ferraresi
Email address:      alessandro.ferraresi1@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.6
Operating system:   RHEL 7

Hello there,

I'm experiencing a weird behavior on 10.6 where I see autovacuum running to
prevent wraparound even if autovacuum_freeze_max_age is far away.
The database is brand-new and some tables have been loaded (using copy
command), below some details/parameters:

pgxxxx=> show autovacuum_freeze_max_age;
 autovacuum_freeze_max_age
---------------------------
 200000000

 oldest_current_xid | percent_towards_wraparound |
percent_towards_emergency_autovac
--------------------+----------------------------+-----------------------------------
               3210 |                          0 |
      0

The tables involved have these custom parameters:

fillfactor=80,
autovacuum_enabled=true,
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor=0.00,
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor=0.00,
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold=500000,
autovacuum_analyze_threshold=50000

From pg stat activity:

       age               | state  |   backend_type
                        query

-----------------------+--------+---------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00:18:32.899444 | active | autovacuum worker | autovacuum: VACUUM
haas.table1 (to prevent wraparound)
00:26:57.660416 | active | autovacuum worker | autovacuum: VACUUM
haas.table2 (to prevent wraparound)
00:26:54.848344 | active | autovacuum worker | autovacuum: VACUUM
haas.table3 (to prevent wraparound)

What could be the root cause of this? I believe this is  a bug as I can't
find any other explanation.

Thanks
Alessandro