Re: max_prepared_transactions default ... why 5?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: max_prepared_transactions default ... why 5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I'm writing up the new GUCs, and noticed that max_prepared_transactions
> defaults to 5.  This is too many for most applications (which don't use them
> at all) and far too few for applications which use them regularly.

I think the intention was to have enough so you could test 'em (in
particular, run the regression tests) without eating resources for
the majority of installations that aren't using them.

Certainly an installation that *is* using 'em would want a higher
setting.