Trusted versus untrusted Pl language

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Trusted versus untrusted Pl language
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/plpython.html

Hey all:
This page & the PL/PERL page are the closest I have seen in the docs about
trusted versus untrusted languages.

It would be great if we could add a subtopic and 1 or 2 paragraphs on this
page  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/xplang.html

Possibly outline:
A) Explain to users what trusted versus untrusted in terms of language
extensions.
    1) Differentiate that from non-risky versus risky
     2) Explain why, by default, functions written in untrusted languages
need to be added by superuser.
B) It would be great to give an example workflow of  working with untrusted
languages
    1) Developer uses superuser on their own machine or makes the language
trusted
    2) Send function to the DBA
    3) Function goes through security review and testing
    4) If it passes then the DBA installs in a production DB
C) An example on how to make a language trusted in a db.

Thanks
Steve