Re: Parsing speed (was Re: pgstats_initstats() cost)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Parsing speed (was Re: pgstats_initstats() cost)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
>> I'm beginning to think that was a serious omission.  I'm tempted to
>> fix it, even though we're past feature freeze for 7.4.  Comments?

> On a quasi-similar note (and unless I've missed how to do this), you
> can't create a cursor from a prepared statement, which I found
> frustrating.

Hmm.  I'd be willing to see that put on TODO, but it strikes me as a
rather large change for post-feature-freeze; it'd require fooling around
in substantial parts of the backend.  (What I was suggesting above only
requires adding one or two routines to libpq, which is a lot less
invasive...)