Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lippq client library and openssl initialization: PQinitOpenSSL()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 12 Sep 2022, at 13:21, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> AFAICT, RHEL 7 ships with an older version. I think that's still pretty widespread.

> Fair enough.  That doesn't however IMO prevent us from adding a note that 1.1.0
> and onwards are different.  The attached keeps the strong wording of the main
> para, but adds a note after the related functions.

Personally I'd put this up front, more like

   have been initialized by your application, so that
   <application>libpq</application> will not also initialize those libraries.
+  However, this is unnecessary when using OpenSSL 1.1.0 or later,
+  as duplicate initializations are no longer problematic.
  </para>

If you do use wording that specifically mentions PQinitOpenSSL,
it should also mention PQinitSSL, just for clarity.