BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16068
Logged by:          Robert Ford
Email address:      robfordww@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system:   Windows

Hi,

I want to point to an issue I discovered when installing v12.0 for windows.
The installer sets the Collate in the config file to 'Norwegian Bokmål.1251'
(or something similar, but notice the 'å')  This seems to trigger all kind
of bugs. For instance "select * from pg_settings" results in an utf8 decode
error.  PgAdmin also returns a lot of utf8 decode errors.  The problem
seemed to go away when I changed the collation to "nb_NO" and ran initdb.
This error should only occur in countries where the installer creates
Collation names with non-ascii characters, Norway is one of them.