Re: 8.4 backpatching

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.4 backpatching
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Igor Neyman" <ineyman@perceptron.com> writes:
> So, "backpatched to 8.4" - does it mean that we can expect new 8.4
> release (8.4.5) that will include these patches  in near future?
> And if yes, then - when? Will it coinside with 9.0 release?

8.4.5 will be released whenever it seems appropriate (ie, whenever the
number and severity of accumulated bugs justifies it).  We don't
normally synchronize back-branch updates with release of a new major
version --- it'd be a poor strategy both in terms of managing PR and
likely load on the project's servers.